For over 15 years, campsites around Australia have always looked the same... Camping chairs, sleeping bags and Honda’s EU20i Inverter Generator. The World’s Best Selling Leisure Generator. The Honda EU20i was the perfect sized generator for campers who wanted to take advantage of what nature has to offer in the comfort and style they enjoy. The EU20i powered hair dryers, toasters, provided light, made coffees, kept tents cool, charged mobile phones and most importantly, kept quiet! However, with the use of more electrical appliances in day-to-day life, campers demanded more power. So... Honda gave the people what they wanted! Introducing the all-new Honda EU22i Inverter Generator. With 200W more power and added features, the Honda EU22i is the best in its class. Used for leisure, back-up power and for the job site. It really packs a punch! The Honda EU22i has been designed for the ultimate in quality, portability and convenience.
The features include:
- A bigger oil filler opening, a longer spout and larger oil drain gutter to make for easier and cleaner oil changes
- A fuel shutoff valve allows the engine to continue to run until the majority of the fuel in the carburettor is consumed and the engine shuts off, which helps prevent stale fuel issues and is useful for storing the generator
- A stamped metal recoil rope insert provides increased product durability and reduces potential damage to the generator body
- An increase in the ventilation for improved inverter cooling. The new ducts allow for the air to move more evenly over internal parts while improving the overall air flow for better cooling of key components
- The stator/rotor configuration of the EU22i is improved, using some of the highest quality and most powerful magnets available in the market
- These magnets, responsible for producing electricity, are thinner, keeping the diameter of the stator unchanged, reducing the weight of the component and providing more power output
- Operational contact points are colour-coded in grey, and guide the user through the starting operation
- The new design and styling of the EU22i more prominently displays the Honda logo on the side of the unit and output power on the front
- Parallel connection allows for pairing of the all-new Honda EU22i with another EU22i or a Honda EU20i K1/T1 model for added convenience and more power
It has Honda’s advanced 4-Stroke GXR120 Commercial Series engine. The 121cc engine delivers exceptionally quiet, smooth, fuel-efficient performance. Using an overhead camshaft (OHC) orientation similar to the Honda GX100 in the outgoing EU20i, Honda designers incorporated a maintenance-free, low-noise timing belt to create a small, light and quiet engine. The OHC was designed and engineered specifically for increased efficiency, with optimal power transfer and better fuel efficiency. Its precision- engineered components result in lower vibration, and the ball bearing-supported crankshaft delivers smooth operation and long engine life. The new Honda EU22i generator gives users the opportunity to step up to more uses and bigger applications over the EU20i without an increase in generator size, weight or cost. The engine is 20% larger in capacity than the EU20i Generator. The GXR120 has a maximum output of 2200W and up to 8 hours of continuous operation on Eco-Throttle+, 4 litre fuel tank and whisper-quiet operation.