The latest model from Briggs and Stratton is the Q6500 which is a inverter generator with a big output at a great price. Its biggest advantage over its competitors is its weight, because it only weighs 64 kgs. That’s almost half the weight of other generators in its class. Briggs and Stratton’s decision to design it with an easy pull start, and not an electric start, was one of the factors that led to the greatly reduced weight.
The Briggs and Stratton Q6500 has an on-board inverter, which supplies a clean power that won’t damage sensitive electronics. This is a great feature if you lose power at home and want to power up some appliances, most of which all have electronic controls these days. It’s also a great way to keep those tools running on any construction site and still be able to safely charge a smart phone or tablet.
The Q6500 adjusts engine speed accordingly to suit your power needs and save fuel. This is the generator you need if you're looking to run anything from a mobile food van, small business back-up, and home back-up.
There is also a option from Briggs & Stratton to purchase a Manual Transfer Switch Pack for easy installation of home back-up power, to go with this model generator.
The Briggs and Stratton Q6500 has a 306cc Briggs engine that has 6500 starting watts, 5000 continuous watts and a 19 litre fuel tank that provides up to 14 hours of run time. Another great feature of the Briggs and Stratton Q6500 is that its very quiet, running at only 66db at a 25% load.
The Briggs and Stratton Q6500 is built to go anywhere with its sturdy wheels and Its collapsible handle and overall compact design is user-friendly and easy to store. The control panel has 1 x 240V (32 amp), and 2 x 240V (15amp) outlets, and two USB ports to keep smaller electronics charged. The main panel has LED indicator lights that will let you know how much power you are drawing (50%-75%-100%). There is also a LED indicator light for low oil, and if you’re running your generator at night there are LED lights that illuminate the control panel itself.
Briggs and Stratton offer a 24 month domestic warranty or 12 month commercial warranty with this model.
Not only did Briggs nail the design of this lightweight, quiet, compact and well thought-out mini power plant, they also made it one of the most affordable generators out there. Just like its weight, its RRP is at least HALF the price of comparable machines.
Overall, it’s an affordable powerful generator designed primarily for home backup use. This Q6500 has an incorporated inverter technology you can power your sensitive equipment safely. In addition, a two year limited warranty which shows the trust the manufacturer has for their product.
- The Briggs & Stratton Q6500 inverter generator produces 6500W starting power and 5000W continuous power.
- Powered by a Briggs 306 cc. air cooled OHV 4-cycle engine.
- Has a large fuel tank that provides 14 hours of run time at quarter load.
- Equipped with a fuel gauge and power usage meter that makes it easy to monitor the available power on the machine.
- An all-steel frame protective enclosure provides protection for the internal components as well as keep the noise level at minimal.
- Designed to give you reliable confidence during power outages, supplies consistent power for vital home appliances, including delicate electronics.
- Weighs 64 kgs with a compact design, that is 30% lighter compared to other open steel frame generators.
- A suitcase-style telescoping handle and an 8 inch never flat wheels make it easy to move and store.
- Fuel efficient, an auto idle control system that automatically adjusts the engine speed based on the required load. Saving fuel as well as reducing the noise level during operation.
- Featuring an automatic voltage regulator and a low oil shutdown with LED indicators for added safety and extended engine life.
- The Q6500 allows you to power a wide variety of appliances simultaneously.
- Backed by 2 year limited domestic warranty.